Tuesday, October 25, 2005

she's unbelievable

anne rice continues to amaze me. like it wasn't bad enough that she decided she didn't need editing a couple of years ago- now we've found out why. i stole this from cat's blog.

Rice Plans to Follow First Her First-Person Narrative of a Young Jesus With Further Chronicles of Christ's Life; 'I Promised That From Now On I Would Write Only For the Lord' says Author

NEW YORK, Oct. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Anne Rice's newest book may not necessarily appeal to her longtime fans, she tells Senior Writer David Gates in the October 31 issue of Newsweek (on newsstands Monday, October 24). "For the last six months," she says, "people have been sending e-mails saying, 'What are you doing next?' And I've told them, 'You may not want what I'm doing next." We'll know soon. In two weeks, Anne Rice, the chronicler of vampires, witches and -- under the pseudonym A.N. Roquelaure -- of softcore S&M encounters, will publish "Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt," a novel about the 7-year-old Jesus, narrated by Christ himself. "I promised," she says, "that from now on I would write only for the Lord."
Rice knows "Out of Egypt" and its projected sequels -- three, she thinks - - could alienate her following; as she writes in the afterword, "I was ready to do violence to my career." But she sees a continuity with her old books, whose compulsive, conscience-stricken evildoers reflect her long spiritual unease. "I mean, I was in despair." In that afterword, she calls Christ "the ultimate supernatural hero... the ultimate immortal of them all."

2 Comments:

Blogger Catty said...

"Hey man, have you got any books from the vampire's oops I mean Lord Almighty's point of view?"

12:17 PM

 
Blogger e.Beth said...

dude! i got blogspammed again!!!

4:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home