Monday, December 31, 2007

Should I be worried?

on my walk to the subway this morning, not one, but TWO black cats crossed my path.

perhaps they were trying to tell me that i should have walked into work, instead of being lazy and taking the subway.

i am a bit unlucky in that allan is here today- there are three of us in my position, and at least one of us always needs to be here. i thought he was out, so i didn't take off today. dang.

i am also unlucky in that cold air is pouring over me right now. i can feel the draft. my cubicle is in between two vents and it's always freaking freezing here. i wonder if the cafe is open late today or closes at noon for the holiday? and by late, i mean two. two! who closes a coffee shop in an office building at two? i don't want a cup of tea at 1:30. that's lunch. i want a little mid-afternoon pick-me-up at 3:30.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Naw, I wouldn't worry--we've had 2 black cats over the years who crossed our paths daily, if not hourly. Hmmmm...now that I think about the unlucky part, maybe they're the reasons for some of our mishaps...

9:19 AM

 
Blogger Mermaid of Moorgate said...

I think 31 December is always unlucky for some. I got ill and spent new year's eve in bed. What a croc!

12:15 PM

 
Blogger Tricia said...

Some people need to update their blogs. Ahem.

9:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home